Saturday 30 July 2011

A Crazy Few Days

Jobs for today:

  • Visit Grandma (they are off on holiday early tomorrow and my Mum is desperate to see Mimi before they go away)
  • Shopping for some fabric, Get Well Soon Cards & Wedding Cards
  • We are off to a Wedding Reception this evening and we are all going to stay at Granny & Grampy's so I need to organise everything & get ready to leave the house by about 3ish. (hopefully Mimi will settle better than last time we attempted this!)
We have had a few crazy days with some good news and some not so good news.  We have had the horrid news that Mikes aunty has been diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer and is to start chemotherapy on Monday for 3 months.  On the better news side I had a smear test which showed dodgy readings and had to go for tests which on further inspection they don't seem too worried about (although I have to go back in 6 months).  With regards to this I was called and called to go to the doctors for a smear and I kept ignoring it as I am sure like most women it is not something I look forward to.  It was only when I received a letter from the doctors saying that I had to sign a disclaimer and they would stop sending me the reminders that I thought I had better go.  Despite the fact that I then had to have further tests and in view of Mikes aunt I am now pleased that I did go.

The really good news is that I have decided that I am finally going to take the plunge and set up a small design business selling some of my design projects.  I just have to decide on a name - suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

On a lighter note we have had a busy few days. After going to the Howletts Zoo in the morning with her Daddy Thursday evening was carnival night so we walked down to the seafront to watch it.  Mimi had a lovely time - I was a bit tight and refused to buy her a helium balloon on the basis that they were £5 and would be flat by now.
Howletts Zoo is quite good at the moment they have an annual entry which costs about £16 but you can use it as often as you like.




Then yesterday we had to do some shopping then D came over (on my recommendation) she had brought a HTC phone but was struggling with it so we had a CPD session.  I then managed to find time to finish Project 7 an ABC poster for Mimi's bedroom.




Then Kate popped up for a cup of T and a glass of wine followed by my Mum & Dad and Mikes parents for a BBQ - which we had to eat inside as it with typical British weather it started to rain!

I caught Mimi looking out of the window with her binoculars.
With my Mum & Dad going away tomorrow I have been given the honour of looking after the "special plant" which was carefully delivered last night and apparently needs a pint and a half of water a day.

The "Special Plant"





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...