Friday 21 October 2011

Yay half term!

I feel like there are just not enough hours in the day at the moment.  Work has gone a bit crazy I had to work 4 days this week instead of my usual 3.  The house is a tip, and I have lots of Christmas ideas I would like to complete. There is just so much to do all round.  To make matters worse I think Mimi is coming towards the end of her mid-afternoon naps.  I have come to rely on these and the thought of not getting that couple of hours to catch up is worrying.  I have a new found respect for people who have 2 or more children.  Funnily enough last weekend my mum looked after my nephew and she was saying she wondered how she ever got anything done and she had four of us!!

Again it is one of those weeks where it has flown by and I know I have been busy but now that I sit here it seems to have all escaped my memory!!  Although work is busy I generally have had a better week and I am feeling much happier which is good.

There is a definite chill in the air, I think Autumn has finally decided to put in an appearance.  I had to scrape the ice of my car this morning.  Mimi keeps complaining she is cold and much to my disgust we have had the heating on for the last few nights.

Having racked my brain this week we have:


  • Planted our onions ready for the spring

  • Been enjoying the beautiful weather whilst it continues

Can you believe it's the middle of October?!
We had a lovely long walk on Sunday, the weather was beautiful.  We were  on our way home, we had just stopped for an ice cream and were happily walking along the promenade holding hands when suddenly a little boy on a bike hit Mimi from behind.  He totally wiped her out, she was under the bike (still clutching her ice lolly) screaming and the little boy was sprawled on the pavement face down.  I didn't know what to do, so having scoped Mimi up I realised that the little boy wasn't moving.  Some really nice people stopped to help and finally the father came along.  He was learning to ride a bike and lost control.  It was a complete accident.  Mimi after a minute or two was ok, a bit of a red mark on his back but nothing too serious.  I think the little boy was in shock.  I was shaking, it really scared me.  It all happened so quickly.  Thank goodness he wasn't going any faster.
  • Made some lovely pink heart shaped biscuits


  • Started and finished my new snood


This was knitted on size 10 circular needles using 2 balls of Patons Fab Big Wool.  Cast on 131 stiches, working continuously in moss stitch (knit 1 Purl1) making sure you mark the start.  

  • Face painting
Mummy's attempt at a Tiger 
Also this week my lovely husband brought me a Kindle as an early birthday present so that I can download some books to take to Venice with me.  It is great and I LOVE it.  I am surprised however to find that it does not have a back-light so reading in the dark is not an option!  Additionally in a lot of cases new books are more expensive in digital format than the books.  But I LOVE it all the same.  It is great because I can make the font bigger as I really struggle with the small font.

I am off to have my hair cut in the morning and to pick up some groovy fabrics for my Christmas Projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...