Tuesday 10 January 2012

How important are family tea times?

I have decided that now Mimi is two and half we are all going to sit down to a traditional family meal each evening, no computers or TV.  I finally had enough of cooking two separate meals not to mention juggling it all so that she had her tea then a bath then starting all over again so that we could finally sit down to our dinner about 8ish.  I am convinced that this is the way to go.  I also want her to grow up in an environment where we talk to one another and she learns good table manners.  I am horrified when I watch some of the kids eating at school - sometimes its like watching feeding time at the zoo!  I recently read an article in one of the papers about the importance of children having routine in their little lives with set bed times and family meals.  With me leaving work in a few weeks I think it is a good time to start.  So far so good.  Last night she had spaghetti bolognese and tonight she had baked salmon, new potatoes and salad.

How important do you think it is for children to sit down to a traditional family meal?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...