Wednesday 25 April 2012

Wicked Wednesday # Blackberry Tart

Tonight for dessert with the help of Mimi we made blackberry tarts.  When we were making them I was worried they might be a bit sweet but they were delicious.

I loosely used Jamie Oliver's recipe for torta di more from Jamie's Italy.  We made our own pastry, mainly because I was running short on time, however we did follow the remainder of the recipe.





Pastry Recipe:

5oz/140g  plain flour
1oz/28g  icing sugar
1.5oz/43g butter
1.5oz/43g lard
5-6 tablespoons of milk.

Place all ingredients apart from the milk into a bowl.  Using your fingers rub the ingredients together until the resemble fine breadcrumbs.
Gradually your milk a spoonful at a time gradually bringing your mixture together to form a ball. 

I then placed it in the freezer whilst I made the filling.

From this stage onwards I then followed Jamie's recipe.  You can get his recipe here.





   


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...